Mark Fehlman: Design Strategies for Powerful Paintings
Here’s just some of what you’ll get in this video:
- The #1 way to improve your artwork even before you start another painting
- It’s okay to give Mother Nature a helping hand!
- How to make your colors sing in harmony
- Composition or color? Shapes or lines?
- Meet the hero that will save your day (and your painting!)
- Start well, finish strong — Mark spills it all
- Color … Why limit yourself?
- What’s so great about fuzzy, out-of-focus mountains?
- The “Rule of Thirds” rules (Mark explains!)
- What’s the temp? Warm and shady, cool and sunny?
- Atmospheric perspective … here’s where to find it
- Why sweat when you don’t have to?
- How small shapes make big shapes look even bigger (it’s true!)
- Low horizon, high horizon? Decisions, decisions!
- Benefit from Mark’s exclusive 10-point checklist that you’ll want to keep handy forever!
- Interview with the artist
- Digital gallery of some of Mark’s finest artwork
- And much, much more!
John MacDonald: Mastering Values
Here’s just a glimpse of what’s in store for you in Mastering Values:
- A new way to see values in the landscape (you’ll see differently!)
- How to use values to structure your painting (this is a deep dive like you’ve never experienced before)
- Using values to give life to your color — no more flat and lifeless paintings!
- The best method to create depth and atmosphere in your paintings — a trouble spot for many artists, but now it won’t be for you!
- A specific technique to create better compositions — this is a must-see!
- An easy way to direct the eye (you’re in control of how your viewers see your work!)
- How to separate values from colors for maximum impact (this may be new news to you!)
- The way to convey mood quickly, clearly, and in a way that is full of emotion (you’ll be painting a mood, not just a scene!)
- How to slow down to speed up (no, really!)